Gluten Free Wild Crowberry Muffins
Light, nutty and moist, these gluten free wild crowberry muffins taste amazing and are high in protein and antioxidants. Perfect for morning breakfast!
- 2 ¼ cup almond flour
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ⅛ tsp salt
- 4 eggs
- ¼ cup maple syrup or honey
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 bags wild crowberries
soak in water for 30min
- or 2 cup berries - fresh or frozen
- Soak dried crowberries in water.
- Pre-heat oven to 350 F (180 C) and line 12 muffins tins with baking cups.
- Using a medium sized bowl, whisk together almond flour, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- With a whisk, beat together eggs, maple syrup, olive oil, vanilla, lemon zest and juice until combined.
- Slowly add the almond flour mixture into the wet mixture and blend by hand.
- Mix in the berries with a rubber spatula or wooden spoon.
- Using a large spoon, drop mixture evenly into lined muffin pan. It should make 12 muffins.
- Bake for 25 minutes, then let cool on a cooling rack.